terça-feira, 16 de novembro de 2010

Death at the Biennial of Arts of Sao Paulo. An unauthorized intervention!

Death at the Biennial of Arts of Sao Paulo.

An unauthorized intervention!


MY GRANDMA DIED HAPPILY

WHILE I PHOTOGRAPHED HER

WITH MY CELL PHONE CAMERA.



The Biennial of Arts of São Paulo 2010 happens under the title

THERE IS ALWAYS A CUP OF SEA 

TO SAIL IN 



  “anchored on the notion that it is impossible to separate art from politics”.


Impossible?



I registred with my cell phone camera the last moments of life of my Grandma until the morgue. Her death, the enchantment and the desire that she nourished for this fact ripped apart any political expectations of life around her. Politics that art deos not have the intention to follow. Right in front of me she showed to be possible to separate one fact from the other.



Now, this happening “death” convokes me to a dialogue with the curatorial purpose.



A group will invade the Biennial Pavilion to affix a series of seven pictures taken during this porcess.



To complete the action, I invite all of you to send this phrase



" MY GRANDMA DIED HAPPILY WHILE I PHOTOGRAPHED HER

WITH MY CELL PHONE CAMERA "



to bienalsp@fbsp.org.br written in your maternal language .



 I also ask you to send this letter-manifesto-invitation to all your contacts.



 A video of the action at the Biennial will be released soon.



São Paulo, Brazil. 16th of November, 2010. 2:00 am



Yours sincerely,




Joaquim Lino

Nenhum comentário: